Monday, June 10, 2013

To Everything There Is A Season...



I’m feeling stuck somewhere between extreme sadness, wanting to burst into an uncontrollable sob and heart-melting happiness that is a result of “just being” with my babies as they do their thing.  It’s a numb feeling that sometimes overcomes me and then a simple, “here’s the pan (plan)..” from Marley that makes me stop and FEEL again.  Our lives, and everyone else’s, keep whizzing by….and it hurts me that we have to “keep living” as Trav’s brother sits in a hospital room, losing his fight against brain cancer…but what else are we to do?  Our kids are bringing us joy in a time when we otherwise wouldn’t have much to smile about. 



But we do, despite all that is going on, have so much to be happy for!  Our little miss had her 1st day of Cub Club at Blessed Trinity today.  We’ve talked about it over the course of the last week, and we talked about her new school A LOT this weekend.  And last night, she was so excited for her BIG DAY!  I packed her a cute little lunch and set out her outfit.  Where does the time go????  She makes my heart so happy!






Today we dropped Roni off at Robin’s (side note:  my sister nicknamed Jax when he was little.  Jax-a-roni.  And then it was shortened to Roni.  For the past 8 months or so, it’s pretty much how Marley and Travis refer to him…and sometimes me.  Just goes to prove it doesn’t matter what you name your kid…they’ll get a nickname one way or another).  Marley waved good-bye to her brother and we drove to Blessed Trinity.  Did the normal check-in, paperwork, all that jazz.  Got her stuff situated in her “locker”. 


As we headed in the room and I said good-bye, she kind of hung by my side…nervous little thing.  I’m sitting here worrying about her as I type this, but I know she will have a good day!  They were going down to the art room to tie dye shirts and then outside for some fun on the playground!  4:30pm cannot come soon enough…so excited to go scoop up my little miss and hear all about her fun day!  I can't help but think of how fast time is moving.  This seems like yesterday...





And it just goes to show…life really does go on.  Amidst all the sadness and heartbreak, life continues.  Our kids keep growing and infusing our lives with unconditional love.  Thank God for them.  They are the bright lights in our otherwise dreary place right now. 



Wishing you all a fabulous week and fingers crossed we get some sunshine!  I need it!!



XO!

Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment